For Stephen one of his dreams that came true last month was he became an owner of a tractor! For the last 5 years that I have known Stephen all he has wanted for his birthday, Christmas, or just because was a tractor. Every night or it seems as though its every night he checks different websites looking for that perfect tractor that he has on his mind. He has known exactly what he has wanted for a very long time. Finally, he found it. Jim, his brother, and Stephen bought it together. They went all the way up to Blackfoot, ID in one day to bring it home. This was not the best day to gather up a large tractor, as it was raining the entire time. Our green cummins pulled the tractor home and the total weight of both was 35,000lbs. The tractor alone was 22,300lbs. For those that don't understand the numbers just understand it was an extremely large load. This spring Stephen has had a large grin on his face as he worked the ground in his new dream tractor with his pal, Bandit, at his side in the cab.




For the both of us, mostly Stephen, another dream that came true was getting his "baby" painted. As most of you know his "baby" is his green Cummins Turbo Disel Truck. I was just as excited as he always got upset when someone asked, "what is wrong with your hood and cab?" The problem with the hood and cab was that the paint was faded and continuing to fade even more. One problem that caused this is that the truck has never lived in a garage up until now. So off to the body shop he got painted! The guys down at the body shop quickly learned that this truck was indeed Stephen's "baby" as he came into the shop often if not everyday to see how it was going and checking on the care his "baby" was receiving. After two weeks of this we got our beauty back. He now looks amazing and I won't have to hear about people asking what is wrong with the hood. I have come to love all of our cummins trucks just as much as Stephen. I have always loved the idea of owning a truck in fact when I was younger when someone would ask me what my dream vechicle was I would tell them a truck. Back then I didn't really care about what kind of truck but Stephen has pulled me onto the Cummins side as I have learned to care and respect them! Ok, that just sounded really cheesy but it is indeed how I feel about them. We have put the chrome pieces back on the truck but one of these days we need to pull it out and take some pics of what it looks like now after the paint job. I was hoping to have this done over the weekend but it was raining. So i will post pics soon.
 |
| all stripped down |
 |
| Lookin' good! |
 |
| This is a pic from last year you can see the faded hood a little bit from this direction. |
After a difficult miscarriage in Dec. our dreams came true finding out that we were pregnant again. We are due November 15! In April we were able to hear our baby's heart beat and then see our baby on the ultrasound, he/she was wild in there we were having a hard time getting pics. His/her arms were consently flying all over the place. We are 14 weeks along this week and so excited. I have been really sick, but it is worth it. We have had to go to the hosptial once, hopefully we don't have to go again, to get an IV to keep fluids in me and to medicate me so I wouldn't throw up anymore. The whole day I used to be sick but now that I am headed into the 2nd trimester it is mostly just in the early mornings and when 8 o'clock pm strikes! We are excited for this journey and I am so thankful for such a wonderful husband that takes such great care of me. The hardest thing about being so sick is not being able to hang out with my sweet husband on the farm.
No comments:
Post a Comment